Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Indian Spring


I don't pretend to know how to cook Indian food. In fact, I know that it's one of the most difficult ethnic foods to make. But I really surprised myself with this one. I liked it so much, I couldn't stop eating!

Required: White Mushrooms, White Onion, Curry Powder, Garlic Powder, Canola Oil, 1 Can of Chick Peas or Garbanzo Beans

Optional: Clove Powder, Rice, Sea Salt, Soy Sauce, Black Pepper

Chop the white onion into small pieces. Slice mushrooms. Saute onion in oil. Put in mushrooms and saute some more. Keep stirring until mushroom is softer. After opening the can of chick peas, pour in about 3/4 of the can. Add curry powder. Add enough powder to cover all of your ingredients. Then add two tablespoons of water and one tablespoon of soy sauce. Don't add too much. The water will dissolve the curry so that it turns into a bit of a sauce. Add a dash of clove powder. Add some black pepper and sea salt for taste.

Serve over a bed of rice. I pre-cooked some Basmati rice...

I think this one's my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment