Sunday, August 9, 2009

Add a Little Spice in Your Life

Featuring: Tapatio. For those of you who live in the LA area or anywhere that produces native Mexican foods you are well aware of this little hot sauce bottle. Before moving here, I wasn't familiar with it. Since my boyfriend who is from Arizona turned me onto it, I've been using it to cook lately. If you're a health nut, you might not want to use this sauce because it does contain preservatives. I do, however, only use a small amount to flavor some foods while cooking. For instance, last night I sauteed mushrooms and penne in a pan then added a few chopped tomatoes and some dashes of Tapatio. It gave it a slightly spicy and salty taste.

Try it in small amounts if you're a little wimpy about hot, then work your way up. I personally have a low tolerance when it comes to hot and I've been known to poor this on.

Ingredients: water, red peppers, salt, spices, garlic, acetic acid, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate

No comments:

Post a Comment